Saturday 5 January 2013

The Rear Of The Card


Part of the competition brief from UK Greetings is that i have to think about a range name and logo to be printed on the back page. So it'll need to look something along the lines of:


Range Name
Logo
My Name + Copyright


Examples of this:


This is a very standard looking, sensible card with it's message clearly given along with the publisher and its website. SImple, but perhaps not what i'm after as this doesn't really shout excitement, and i feel that it would  have to reflect the card range in some way.

This is a more to what im looking for; the colours relate along with the text and details. I will thrive on this research.



This is a very simple et recognizable design. They can get away with something this basic because of their market/ audience/ customer base. Something that perhaps one day will happen to me? Anyhow, i cannot draw too much from this at the moment, but an example it is none the less of branding.



This is nice and simple; brand with logo, and the brand website. All i would need to add is the range name.



Again, another fine example of the simplicity of a card range name, logo and details.

I am thinking that i will use one of my front page images as that would refer to the range and in the time that i have left, it seems most sensible. I dont think i will use the Coffee Table or the Wood Burner simply because i think that the Sofa and the Chimney stack are stronger images. I will create thumbnails in my book of potential outcomes:

Prior to using the stamper.


Now with the stamper in use, here are some more detailed thumbnails:


I am unsure of which one to chose in terms of layout. I think i am set on the Chimney as the logo image though.
In my opinion, i fear that if i were to place 'I Wish You Were Here...' above the Chimney stack it would become too tall and uneasy to look upon, however, placed underneath, i think it would be a bit too much text in one big chunk to take in.
I should produce the outcomes in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to get a better idea:

 Text Below...
Text Above and Below...

I think i prefer the latter after all, and with peer feedback this confirms my decision. It appears more symmetrical and pleasing to look at. 



No comments:

Post a Comment