Monday 14 January 2013

Development After Presentation


Following my very enjoyable presentation (i genuinely enjoyed myself) where everybody gathered round the computer screen to take a closer look at my work and give even more positive feedback, i have been given a few pointers to take away with me. These are as follows:


  • Firstly, put the final images on the templates that i have created the correct way around. (Very embarrassing, but glad that the tutor pointed it out). The rear of the card was placed on the right hand side, and the front was on the left...
  • Secondly, it was suggested that i try using different paper qualities and experiment with weight and texture. For example, just choose 4 different qualities of paper and print your design onto them. With this suggestion, i am planning to print each design once onto different paper, so i will end up with four outcomes on different types of paper.
  • Following this it was also said that i should loose the inside cover image of the postcard. I needed to be told this because i wouldn't have seen how much it doesn't tie in with the style and line qualities of the rest of the work on the card. So with this and the previous point in mind, i will now be able to hand print each inside message. This will be particularly useful in my experiments with paper quality.
Overall i was extremely pleased with my presentation and how i portrayed not only my practice, but also myself

No comments:

Post a Comment