Monday 28 January 2013

Evaluation



This project has worked out well for me in terms of time management and work ethic. I think that this is partly due to the potential that it may get used in the future in a card range through UK Greetings. It has renewed confidence in my work, especially down an avenue I haven’t reached into before.
Having never worked in this area of illustration I came with a fresh head, which I think is important, so that I don’t end up relying on what I have previously produced. Although I didn’t come knowing my strengths in this particular field, I think that I have identified many as a result. For example, I enjoy focusing on the handmade side of the work: The Hand Stamper, the painted swirling bases, and the main cover images, and the envelopes.
I am pleased with my final outcomes and feel that I have worked closely with my work and enabled myself to produce it well and in a professional manor.

I have found it much more efficient to keep account of my work with a blog, it just seems so much more helpful when you know that your outcome has to be digital, it really ties it all together well.

My Weakness in this project would be not locking down a specific theme to work too at the beginning, whereas I, for example, ended up working off topic for a short while at the start, producing ideas for an extended avenue of work, whereas if I hadn’t have done that it may well have freed up some time at the end to show some further extensions to my work.

In terms of the greetings card’s job, I would say that they are effective and efficient in their purpose as they clearly present the topic and deliver it effectively. Creatively I think that they stand out and at the same time blend in with the current market; what will set them apart is their theme, which is communicating to an audience a widely unknown ‘card’ theme.

With this work I plan to send it off to UK Greetings both through the competition and straight to them as a possible branded range. But even if UK Greetings don’t pick up my work and produce it I will definitely pursue it myself through hand-making my outcomes and selling them at fairs and other such events. So shops like No Guts No Glory might well be interested for example, or other such hand-made themed organisations.
Post project I have already produced a card and envelope of the same style but as a reply to a wedding invite. This is very exciting because I am actually using my own product and testing it out for real. (See pictures in previous post).

To take this project further I would extend the topic and look at other areas of why you’d Wish Somebody was here. For example, I could focus on famous pairs that people would recognise, The Two Ronnies for instance with their famous glasses, or John Lennon and Yoko Ono. The title of ‘Wish You Were Here’ would stay the same, but would move away from the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment