Friday 18 January 2013

My Envelope


Having researched and drafted what qualities i am after in an envelope and what would best suit my work, i have had a couple of outcomes. The first is my initial thoughts and mock up ideas:

The inside of the envelope is lined with my logo, something that adds an extra desirable quality.

The front of the envelope also holds my logo, but in the style of an old postal stamp. This intentionally sits below the address.

Naturally this needed developing. For example, the folding flap barely met, there were gaps in both bottom corners from the rear view, and the lines all seemed a bit too straight.
So with that in mind, here are my developed outcomes as a result:

I have flared out the rear of the envelope, rounded the corners on the side folds, and lengthened both the folding flap and the rear of the envelope.
With this development i have also taken away the fold lines on the front of the envelope so that i don't have to worry about lining up perfectly, it just counts on where the chimney stamp goes.

Again, this needed developing, but this time i really think that the flap needed to have rounded corners to sit flush with the rest of the design. So here it is. (The front design has stayed the same.):






No comments:

Post a Comment