Thursday 3 January 2013

Don't Think I Haven't Forgotten The Text


The text of course plays a big part in any card range, whether it be inside or outside, the text can make or break a card range.
I have opted to stick to a handmade theme, not only to fit in with the current market, but if i do end up producing these to sell myself at any fairs they can be easily reproduced at my own cost.
I am planning to use my hand stamper that, once again, i have used in previous successful projects, so i am confident in producing work with it.

I plan on the text for the front of the cards to be 'I Wish You Were Here...' after much experimenting and developing within my sketchbook, using various sized stencils and stamping letters. The '...' leads nicely into the inside message which i will come onto later.

Here are my front letters in context:




From what i have hear i then tried to blend in to give a cleaner feel (Live Traced in Adobe Illustrator), and by doing so feel that i have ruined the aesthetic handmade quality that the letters held. Although bolder, i think that they are harsh:
I plan on using this earlier, crisp, hand-stamped text for the covers of my card range. The inside text size and style will continue in this fashion to please the eye of the beholder.
I have encountered one major problem during the experimentation of title placement, and that was how high or low on the card. Now, i can obviously have the text relatively low and sit it comfortably just above the centre of the page when it's shown with the Sofa or Coffee Table, but with the burner and the chimney it needs to be raised. So i have had to compromise and produce the text high enough to exceed the stacks, but low enough to please the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment