Friday 30 November 2012

The Idea and Reasoning Behind It


I have mentioned that i wanted to play on the theme of 'I Miss You' and some of the more niche topics like 'Hugs', purely because they offer potential for expansion and trying something that hasn't been done in the market before. From this i have said that i would like to surround my greetings cards with the theme of 'I Wish You Were Here', and to me this is a personal topic and something that keeps cropping up. It came about because i live apart from my girlfriend and other than 'i miss you', the only topic seems to be 'I wish you were here' that seems relevant.
Not only is this a personal topic to me, but it can be used in a variety of contexts such as someone being ill, some sort of forced separation whether that be through the military/ for example, post break up perhaps, or that your child is about to embark on a journey for example university or a gap year abroad etc.
I am therefore proposing to design a series of 4 greetings cards all with the theme of wishing that a loved one was with you, or by your side. To me this whips up warm, homely thoughts; a fire place or a rocking chair for example.

'I Wish You Were Here' (the first things that pop into my head):
  • Warmth
  • Homeliness
  • chimney / Roof Line
  • Fireplace / Wood Burner
  • Living Room
  • Television
  • Sofa
  • Rocking Chair
  • tandem

To get the ball rolling on my initial ideas generation i have come across some old Habitat brochures from the mid 90s, which offer a wealth of furniture and home imagery. From this i plan on taking forward and developing my drawings into final outcomes. Along the way, no doubt that i will twist and turn as my ideas develop, i am hoping to gain more enthusiasm, and ideas from this process.





Here are the sizes that i am to work to:

110 x 210mm

121 x 184mm

157 x 159mm

159 x 159mm




No comments:

Post a Comment